Who we fund
The Sunrise Foundation will consider applications from Voluntary, Community & Charity organisations.
Voluntary, Community or Charity organisations are also known as ‘third sector’ organisations, as they are separate from the public and private sectors. They are value-led organisations established for social purposes rather than the pursuit of profit and they reinvest surpluses to help tackle issues facing people and the planet.
Organisations that can apply
- Registered and unregistered charities
- Friendly societies
- Industrial and provident societies
- Not-for-profit companies
- Not-for-profit unincorporated associations
To apply, ALL voluntary, community and charity organisations must have the following
- A written governing document (for example, a constitution, memorandum and articles of association, set of rules or trust deed).
- At least three unrelated people on their board of directors (companies including community interest companies).
- At least three unrelated trustees on their governing body (registered charities).
- At least three unrelated people on their governing body (co-operatives, friendly societies, industrial and provident societies, unincorporated and unregistered not-for profit associations).
We expect organisations with a membership to be open to all and allow anyone to join, unless there is a good reason why this is not appropriate.
Applications from schools/organisations delivering school related activities or services
We welcome applications from schools or other educational establishments such as academies, but we will not pay for activities or services that schools have a statutory responsibility to provide, for example, curriculum based activities, or any activity taking place during curriculum time. We expect projects to take place before or after school, during lunchtime or in the holidays unless you can provide us with a good reason in your application why this is not possible.
- Clinical Commissioning Groups
- NHS Hospital Trusts
- Foundation Hospitals